WORK WITH US
NOW HIRING :
Marketing & Communications Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Location: mainly working remotely, with some in-person responsibilities when projects are occurring, so candidates must be in the New York City Metro Area
About this Position: Braata seeks a self-motivated, independent thinker who is a team player and able to positively contribute to the organization and the work we do. In this small and emerging organization, the Marketing & Communications Associate is responsible for building and executing the marketing &, communication plan, implementing widely used marketing techniques, such as automation and nurturing campaigns where necessary to maximize efficiency and engagement. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Associate will lead marketing & communications efforts as Braata Productions continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Associate will have the opportunity to collaborate and build out the communications function. In order to do this the Associate must develop a clear understanding of the mission, vision, programs, services and strategic priorities of Braata Productions as well as gain a full understanding of the historical and present impact
of the organization.
● Develops and manages both marketing strategies and content calendar for communications with
current audience members, donors, and external community members (including but not limited
to social media, digital, and print campaigns)
● Oversee all external-facing content and communications. Responsible for the supervision of
and/or design of basic visual assets (social media posts, email graphics, presentations,
photography, videos, video editing, etc.) also any print marketing materials, including brochures,
program cards, annual report, booklets, banners, signage, etc; responsible for the oversight of
asset creation, management and archival.
● Responsible for social media activities through writing, editing, and coordinating with designers, and analysis of Braata’s media channels (including social media and search ; research and target a network of influencers and advocates to help diversify and broaden our reach and awareness
● Support the development department with seasonal reports, which include the annual
● Build professional and respectful relationships with Caribbean and NYC based arts organizations, cross-sharing, networking and disseminating opportunities in conjunction with the development team
● Explore traditional and alternative options for building awareness and attendance at Braata’s
events & programs
● Oversee the rollout and ongoing maintenance of Braata’s website and brand identity.
● Maintain deep knowledge of Braata’s programs, observing events and actively working to engage
and serve the organization’s constituents
● Monitor & review website using Google analytic tools. Responsible for data analysis to evaluate
program metrics, success and effectiveness, and change approach accordingly
● Maintain active and engaged presence on social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,
LinkedIn), working to expand digital audiences. Interact with users and respond to social media
messages, inquiries, and comments
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
● Minimum of 1-3 years experience in marketing and communications, ideally within the
● Driven initiative, creative problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Excellent verbal, written, copy editing and interpersonal communication skills
● Thrive in culturally diverse settings
● Success with campaigns on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and
● Proficiency with a website content management system (WordPress a plus)
● Extensive work with an email campaign platform (Constant Contact a plus), exhibiting a
demonstrated impact on improving campaign performance.
● Strong analytical skills with a proven record of leading and managing SEO/SEM efforts, reporting on site metrics, and suggesting action steps—experience with Google tools such as Analytics (GA4 familiarity a plus), Search Console, and Tag Manager.
● Familiarity working with a project management tools (Monday.com and Airtable a plus)
● Basic Adobe Photoshop skills (video/animation a plus)
- Full time Position: $52,000
Email a brief cover letter, resume, 1 writing sample, and 1 design sample as a single PDF to Hiring
Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Marketing & Communications
Associate” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply: 9/1/2023
As you consider this role, though you may not tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply.
We would love to hear from you. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those
candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Braata Productions is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or
gender identity. We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black and
local Indigenous people, people with intersecting identities – LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.